We are a full-service law firm dedicated to protecting our clients’ intellectual property interests, which include patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. Since intellectual property rights are vital to our clients’ businesses, we strive to provide to them the most effective legal solutions to safeguard their interests both domestically and abroad.
Our Practice Includes:
- Copyright Application Preparation and Filing
- Copyright Renewal and Ownership Search
- Copyright License, Assignment and Negotiation
- Patent Search for Novelty, Infringement and Invalidity
- Patent Application Preparation, Filing and Prosecution
- Patent Application and Maintenance Worldwide
- Patent License, Assignment and Negotiation
- Trademark Searches, U.S. and Worldwide
- Trademark Application Preparation, Filing Worldwide
- Trademark U.S. Application Prosecution
- Trademark Opposition/Cancellation/Final Refusal Appeals Proceeding
- Trademark Maintenance, License, Assignment and Negotiation
- Trade Secret Policy Development and Counseling
- Business counseling
- Audits of existing trade secret protection system
- Misappropriation litigation
- Joint IP Development and Cross-Licensing
- IP Licensing agreements and negotiations
- Intellectual Property Litigation
Corporate & Commercial
Our corporate practice is focused to meet our clients' business objectives. We understand that the legal environment can be complicated and that is why we take pride in our efforts to make sure our clients understand all the legal issues surrounding them. It is also our priority to treat our clients' needs with the uttermost respect and offer them the most appropriate advice.
Our services include:
- Formation of Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Limited Liability Partnerships, Joint Ventures and Other Commercial and/or Nonprofit Organizations
- Securities Law Compliance, Private Financing, Preparation for Public Offering
- Negotiation and Structuring of Business Transactions, Commercial Agreements
- Employment Benefits and Stock Option Plans
- Fundraising and Shareholder Relationships
- Merger and Acquisition, Corporate Reorganization and Bankruptcy
- Technology Transfer and Licensing
- International Transactions, Offshore Holding Companies
- Corporate Maintenance and Other Business-Related Matters
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Our litigation practice encompasses a broad range of commercial matters involving intellectual property infringement (include patent, trademark and copyright), trade secrets, employment, contractual and other business related disputes. Our litigation attorneys are qualified and experienced to practice before both the U.S. federal court and state courts. We coordinate our litigation efforts with our international associates to handle complex litigation in multi-national jurisdictions to bring about the best and most comprehensive results for our clients. Using our extensive and highly organized document control systems, we deliver cost-effective and time-saving solutions to serve our clients' litigation needs.
When litigation is not in the clients' best interest, our attorneys are equally skilled in alternative dispute resolution, including arbitration, mediation, neutral evaluation, negotiation and early settlement.
Customs & International Trade
In our U.S. Customs and International Trade legal practice, we represent both foreign exporters and producers in customs enforcement proceedings, anti-dumping investigations, unfair trade practices under Section 337 of the Tariff Act, imported merchandise classification, and duty drawback.
We practice before the various government regulatory agencies that handle day-to-day import and export operations. These include but are not limited to the Department of Commerce, the Federal Trade Commission, the Food and Drug Administration, and the Environmental Protection Agency.
We regularly advise clients on international transactions which include:
- International Patent and Trademark Applications and Protection
- Offshore and Onshore Business Formation and Other Corporate Matters
- Foreign Investments and International Finance
- Business Contracts and Negotiation, Joint Venture
- Recordation of Registered Trademarks and Copyright and other Customs Matters
- Other Transactions Relating to Trade and Commercial Law
- By working closely with our foreign associates, we help expand and protect our clients' businesses beyond the U.S. Borders.
Our attorneys are experienced in international transactions. Unlike other law firms, we pride ourselves on our diverse backgrounds. Our attorneys speak Chinese (Mandarin, Shanghainese and Cantonese), Japanese, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish.